Beef is boiled in cold water with a pinch of salt, approx. 30 minutes, uncovered. Onions and vegetables are cleaned, cut into juliennes and put to harden in a little oil and water, approx. 15 minutes, uncovered. After the vegetables have softened, add the meat juice, the boned meat and the finely chopped sour cabbage, leaving it to boil for approx. 30 minutes, uncovered.
Meanwhile, the minced meat is mixed with egg, rice, flour, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. From this composition are formed meatballs that are boiled in the above soup, about 15 minutes, on low heat. The soup is seasoned, at the end, with larch and paprika. Serve hot with hot peppers or sour cream to taste.
Potroace soup & # 8230
- 1.5 kilograms of bird entrails * (turkey, goose, hen, etc.)
- 4 l water
- 4 l cabbage juice (from the barrel with sauerkraut)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 leek stalk
- 3 carrots
- 2 parsley
- 1 piece of celery (quarter or half, depending on size)
- 1 glass of rice
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of dill or larch
- 2 eggs
- Boil the poultry entrails cut into suitable pieces in water with a little salt. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Until the meat boils, clean the vegetables and remove the outer layers of the leeks.
- Cut the diced vegetables and leeks into rounds.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the vegetables and leeks to the pan and sauté until soft.
- After the poultry has cooked for more than half, add the sauteed vegetables to the pot.
- Add to the pot, after 15 minutes, the boiled and washed rice.
- Separately, boil the cabbage juice and, 5 minutes after adding the rice, pour it into the pot.
- Boil for another 5 minutes, bring the soup to a boil.
- Separately beat only the egg yolks with the cream and 500 ml of the juice from the soup.
- Season with salt if necessary.
- Add finely chopped parsley and green dill.
The potroace soup is served immediately, very hot, to extinguish the party hangover.
Christmas Recipes: Soup, Sarmale and Cake
Transylvanian pork breast soup from: pork pipette, rice, carrot, celery, bleach, onion, eggs, sour cream, vinegar, tarragon, salt.
- 1 kg pork breast with ribs
- 60 g of rice
- 500 g vegetables (carrots, celery, bleach)
- 2 onions
- 2 eggs
- 100 g cream
- salt to taste
Method of preparation:
Boil the pork breast with water and salt, remove the foam and add the finely chopped onion. The vegetables are put whole, notched at the ends. He starts to boil with the meat, just to give it a taste, at the end he takes it out of the pot.
When everything is cooked, add the separately boiled rice, tarragon, leaves only, scalded and chopped, salt and vinegar. Remove the pan from the heat and, after about a quarter of an hour, straighten with the yolk and cream.
Sarmale with smoked ciolan from: smoked ciolan, beef, chicken, turkey, onion, rice, broth, egg, salt, pepper, thyme, dill, raspberry leaves.
- 1 kg smoked ciolan
- 1/2 kg of beef, chicken or turkey
- 2 onions
- 150 g of rice
- 250 g broth
- 1 or
- ground pepper
- 1 link dill
- raspberry leaves
Method of preparation:
Chop the meat and mix it with finely chopped onions, washed rice, egg, salt, ground pepper and finely chopped dill. Then form the cabbage rolls, which you place in a clay pot, on the bottom of which you put a few raspberry leaves, and between the rows of cabbage rolls you put the thyme sprigs.
Dilute the broth with water and mix it with salt and a few peppercorns. Then pour over the sarmale and cover the bowl with foil.
Put the pot in the hot oven for 45 minutes on medium heat, then remove the foil and leave for another 25-30 minutes.
Cake with orange juice and lemon peel from: butter, powdered sugar, flour, lemon peel, orange juice, baking powder, eggs.
- 1 packet of butter
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 300 g flour
- peel from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 baking powder
- 1 or
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar for decoration
Method of preparation:
Mix the butter with the powdered sugar until it looks like a cream. Add the egg, flour in the rain and baking powder and mix until all the ingredients are smooth. incorporate the orange juice and lemon peel.
The dough obtained is given by the special shape of cakes, making small bars, the ends of which you join. Place baking paper in a tray, place the crowns and put them in the oven, preheated until golden brown.
Christmas in Transylvania and Maramures & # 8211 traditional dishes and specific customs
Transylvania and Maramures are two other areas where many tourists choose to spend the winter holidays. Here, people still keep the specific traditions and customs, the house being cooked before Christmas, waiting for the carolers who are believed to bring good luck and happiness.
Read below how the people of Maramures and Transylvania welcome the Nativity and what are the traditional dishes, specific to each area:
& # 8211 In Maramures, on Christmas day, people usually wash their faces with running water, in which they also put a silver coin. Thus, it is said that they will succeed in everything they set out to do in the new year, being free from disease and bad luck.
& # 8211 In both Transylvania and Maramures, the custom of caroling is particularly important. Those who carol, but also those who receive carolers will have a prosperous new year.
& # 8211 The housewives from Maramures start the preparations for Christmas two days before. They prepare traditional dishes for their area: bread, braided rolls, buns, soup, dried and smoked sausages, pork steak, stuffed belts (sarmale), drum, etc. Of course, the traditional horinca and brandy of Maramures cannot be missing from the festive table.
& # 8211 Also here, the traditional is Stolnicul or Bread of the Year, a large and round bread, adorned with all kinds of dough marks. This bread is said to be kept until the New Year, when it is used by unmarried girls in magical rituals.
& # 8211 In Transylvania, specific are the smoked meats: bacon, sausages, ribs and smoked ciolan, all of which are smoked to better withstand the winter.
& # 8211 At Christmas, Transylvanians also prepare Transylvanian pork soup, Transylvanian sarmales (much larger than Moldovan ones, from minced pork, ribs and smoked sticks and spices like thyme and marjoram), homemade noodle soup or dumplings , meatball soup, meatballs, meat roll, beef salad, lebar or blood sausage (a traditional dish of entrails, mice, pieces of pork head, blood, salt, pepper and onion).
Recipes for beef soup
Beef soup can be prepared in several ways, with tender pieces of beef, seasonal vegetables and greens, and then you can serve it with a little sour cream. Here are some recipes for inspiration:
Classic beef soup recipe
- 650 g beef, diced
- 400 ml tomato juice
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 large onions
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 medium celery
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- olive oil
Start by washing and cleaning the vegetables well, then cut the carrots into rounds, and the celery, bell pepper and potatoes, diced. You will finely chop the onion. Put about 4 liters of water in a pot and add the diced beef. Bring the meat to a boil until foam forms on top (about 20 minutes), which you will remove with a whisk. Let the meat boil for another 20-30 minutes, removing, from time to time, the foam that forms.
Once the foam is no longer formed, add the onion, carrot and celery and let them boil for another 20-30 minutes. Then add the bell pepper, peas and potatoes and simmer for 15 minutes. Once cooked, add the tomato juice, a little salt and olive oil and let the beef soup boil for another 15 minutes. When the soup is ready, add the chopped parsley and serve.
Sour beef soup recipe
- 1 kg of beef with bone, preferably brine or pulp
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small celery
- 2 medium onions
- 1 parsley root
- 200 g white cabbage, finely chopped
- 200 g frozen peas
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 link fresh larch
- borscht, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Start by boiling the beef in cold salted water. Boil the meat over low heat, while removing the foam that forms on the surface. Optionally, to cook the beef faster, you can use a pressure cooker. In the meantime, you can prepare the roots. Peel, wash and finely chop the onion, and cut the carrots, celery and parsley root into cubes.
Once the foam is no longer formed, prick the meat with a fork, to see if it has boiled enough, more than half. You should encounter some resistance. Then add the roots.
Let the beef soup simmer while you cook the rest of the vegetables. Cut the pepper into cubes, peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Once the roots begin to soften, you can add the peppers, peas and finely chopped white cabbage.
In the meantime, check if the meat is cooked. When the fork enters it easily, take it out of the pot, let it cool a bit and then you can cut it into cubes. Put the meat back in the pot. When the vegetables are almost cooked, add the potatoes. Once they have boiled, add the tomatoes to the pot, which you have scalded, peeled and cut into cubes beforehand. Boil the borsch separately and add it over the soup. Bring the contents to a boil and remove the pot from the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste, but also finely chopped larch. You can serve beef soup with a little sour cream.
Transylvanian veal soup with sour cream recipe
- 500 g of veal
- 200 ml of tomato juice
- 3 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 1 parsley root
- ½ celery root
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 medium potatoes
- celery leaves
- 1 link parsley
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- a few veal bones for taste
- 3-4 yolks
- 450 g sour cream (20%)
- a little lemon juice, optional
Start by boiling the veal, together with the veal bones, in a pot of cold water, salt and a few peppercorns. Let the meat boil for about 45 minutes, during which time you will always froth, until the juice remains clear. Meanwhile, wash and clean the vegetables and greens. Cut the diced potatoes, sliced carrots, parsnips, parsley root and celery into cubes, and you can finely chop the onion.
Add two tablespoons of oil to a pan and fry the carrots a little. When the meat is almost cooked, you can take it out of the pot and cut it into cubes. Strain the soup separately into another pot, add the veal and the previously prepared vegetables. Bring everything to a boil and add the celery and parsley leaves. Eventually, you can add water if the juice has dropped. When the veal soup boils, add the thyme sprig, bay leaf, pepper and a little ground cumin. Then add two tablespoons of paprika and tomato juice. Bring everything to a boil until the vegetables are soft. Season with salt, if necessary.
When the veal soup has boiled, remove the celery leaves and thyme sprig. Prepare the mixture of yolks and sour cream to straighten the soup. Mix the cream with the yolks and 2 tablespoons of the soup, until the composition is thin, then add it over the soup and mix well. Eventually, you can add a little lemon juice, to taste.
Peasant beef soup recipe
- 1 kg of beef with bone
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 parsnip root
- 1 celery (approx. 200 g)
- 100 g peas
- 150 g green beans
- 200 g white cabbage
- 400 g tomatoes in broth
- 1 link leustean
- 1 link parsley
- salt, to taste, to taste
Remove the meat from the bone and wash it well, then you can cut it into cubes. Put the diced meat and bones to boil in a pot of water and salt for about an hour. Always froth until the juice remains clear. The meat should be soft when pricked with a fork.
Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables and remove the bones from the pot. Wash, clean and cut carrots, onions, potatoes, bell peppers, parsnip root and celery. You can finely chop the white cabbage. Add the chopped vegetables to the pot in which the meat is boiling (without the potatoes), together with the peas and green beans. Let the beef soup simmer over low heat. When the vegetables and meat are penetrated, add the potatoes and let them boil for about 20 minutes.
Then add the tomatoes in broth and borscht to taste, depending on how sour you want the beef soup to be. Let it boil for a few more minutes and add salt to taste. When ready, take the pot off the heat and add the finely chopped larch and parsley.
The best recipes for Christmas soups
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ¼ kilograms of carrots
- ¼ kilograms of turnips
- 2 medium leeks
- 3 large potatoes
- ½ kilogram of spinach
- 1 celery branch
- 350 grams of wrapped bacon
- 2 liters of hot water
- 1 teaspoon meat extract
- Cut carrots, turnips, celery, onions and leeks into squares. Put the oil in a pan and, when hot, discard all the vegetables, stirring the pan from time to time, so that they do not stick, but cover and heat a little.
- After 10 minutes, pour hot water and salt. Let it cook for 20 minutes and then toss the peeled potatoes and cut into squares, and the spinach.
- To cut, cut the bacon into small squares and throw it in a saucepan with hot water to bring to a boil. Drain well and toss in the vegetable pan.
- When the potatoes are cooked, but do not throw away, the soup will be.
- Melt the meat extract in a bowl with a little liquid from the soup and add to it. Move well with a wooden spoon and serve hot in the soup.
- 30 medium white asparagus
- 50 grams of butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 buds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- They are cleaned from the ground, and the asparagus is cleaned very well, leaving them whole or divided in two. Wash with cold water and pour into a saucepan of salted water. They should cook non-stop for about 20 minutes, until they feel good when pierced with a knife.
- Remove the asparagus from the water, cut the yolks and separate them in a bowl. The rest of the asparagus is passed through a blender with a little water from which they were cooked.
- This peach is passed through a large sieve of holes.
- In another pan, melt the butter, add the 3 tablespoons of flour and, with some of the cooking water, the asparagus becomes a clarha béchamel sauce. The powder made in the blender is then incorporated. The salt is ground and the desired thickness is left, taking into account that the yolk clarifies the cream a little.
- At the time of serving, the 3 yolks are placed in cakes and, very little by little, the soup is added so that the egg does not peel. Then add the asparagus tips to the cake and finally sprinkle with parsley.
Rice and mint soup
- 1 liter of broth
- 2 tablespoons rice
- 1 yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ liter of water
- 45 grams of butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Bring the soup to a boil and when it starts to boil, add the rice, cooking over high heat for 15 minutes. Carefully add salt through the soup and pepper.
- In another saucepan, mix the yoghurt, previously beaten egg yolk and flour, adding a little ¼ liter of water.
- Cook it carefully for 5 minutes and then add the rice mixture with the broth mix everything together cooking it 5 minutes more. Melt the butter and mix with the mint. It will only be added when serving soup.
As you can see, they are recipes for Christmas soups, different from traditional fish or seafood soups. The most original ideas and very easy to prepare, fantastic to surprise your guests.
Christmas table in Moldova and Bucovina & # 8211 traditional dishes and specific traditions
What could be more beautiful than a Christmas away from the hustle and bustle of cities, in a place where the snow seems to never stop, groups of carolers pass by each house, traditional dishes are placed on the table, and the decorated Christmas tree is waiting for its gifts? The perfect image of a Christmas detached, as it were, from the tales of our childhood is in fact the reality of rural villages.
Moldova and Bucovina are among the regions where the traditions and customs of this holiday are still kept sacred.
Here are some of the culinary secrets of Christmas spent far away, among the snow Trojans, in the small and welcoming guesthouses and houses in the heart of Moldova and Bukovina:
• In Moldova and Bucovina, people fast until Christmas, and traditional "fruit" (meat-based) dishes are placed on the porch, under the window, without anyone touching them.
• Traditional Moldovan sarmales, Moldovan sour borscht, Moldovan horseradish broth (boiled pork, chicken or beef with sour cream and horseradish sauce), cozonacs and borscht soup with smoked ribs are just some of the traditional dishes of Moldova.
• Sarmales contain smoked meat and a special sauce, from broth, borscht, meat juice, milk and wine, being served with sour cream.
• Housewives prepare cakes with ground walnuts, raisins, cocoa and poppy seeds.
• Chisca is specific to both Moldova and Bukovina, being a pork chop stuffed with rice and minced meat, boiled and then fried.
• In both areas, round rolls are prepared for Christmas, which people liken to the Sun and the Moon, thus giving them magical powers.
• In the last days of fasting, the people of Bucovina cook fasting food, then consecrated on the night of Eve by the village priest. Among the dishes for Christmas are meat juice with tocmagi (noodles), coconut chills, Bucovina tochitura (fried pork sausages, fried pork chops, sheep cheese, eggs and polenta), horseradish and sour cream, sausages smoked, smoked ham, cake with walnuts and poppy seeds and a specific cake with corn.
Christmas Soup - Recipes
Filter the recipes by the product with which they can be prepared
Baby friendly cream and sweet potato and carrot soup recipe at Express Multicooker with pressure cooking Crock-Pot by Madeline.ro
Baby friendly noodle chicken soup recipe at Multicooker Crock-Pot Express by Madeline.ro
Express Multicooker Duck Soup Recipe with Crock-Pot by Teo's Kitchen
Slow Cooker 7.5L Digital Crock-Pot by Smoke Cookie Recipe Book
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe at Multicooker 5in1 Digital 5.6L Crock-Pot by Recipe Book
5in1 Digital 5.6L Crock-Pot Multicooker Meatball Soup Recipe by Papa Bun Recipes
Vegetable lentil soup recipe at Slow Cooker 5.6L Digital TimeSelect Crock-Pot
Slow Cooker Crock Pot 4.5L DuraCeramic Hinged Lid Sauté by Laura's Sweets
Celery cream recipe for Multicooker Crock-Pot Express with pressure cooking by Bucatar Maniac
Transylvanian cabbage soup recipe with smoked shank at Slow Cooker Crock-Pot 6.0L DuraCeramic by Cranberry Recipes
Minestrone recipe for Multicooker Crock-Pot Express with pressure cooking by Recipe book
Recipe Beef Soup with Noodles at Multicooker Crock-Pot Express with Pressure Cooking by Papa Bun Recipes
Slow Cooker Crock-Pot 5.7L Digital Belly Soup Recipe by Chef Maniac
Stock recipe for beef or bone juice at Slow Cooker Crock-Pot 6.0L DuraCeramic Saute by La Prajiturela
Recipe minestrone the Slow Cooker Crock-Pot 4.7L Digital by Teo's Kitchen
Slash Cooker Crock-Pot 6.0L DuraCeramic Saute by Prajiturela
Beef soup recipe at Slow Cooker Crock Pot 5.7L Digital by Bucatar Maniac
Potato soup recipe at Slow Cooker Crock Pot 5.7L Digital by Bucatar Maniac
Cauliflower cream soup recipe the Slow Cooker Crock Pot 4.7L Digital by Teo's Kitchen
Recipe Veal soup by Recipe book
Beef soup with vegetables by Timea
Recipe Turkey bag by Papa Bun recipes
Recipe Lamb soup with red loboda
Recipe Spring soup with nettles by Dishes, words and flavors
VIDEO Recipe Lamb soup with sour cream and tarragon
Recipe Turkey soup with dumplings by Sweets of all kinds
VIDEO Fish soup recipe
Recipe - Radauti soup by Carte de retete
Recipe - Cream of broccoli and potato soup by Reteta Video
VIDEO Recipe - Radaute soup
Recipe - Rabbit Soup by Papa Bun Recipes
Recipe - Meatball soup by Sweets of all kinds
Recipe - Pork smoked soup with cabbage juice by Retete Merisor
VIDEO Recipe - Pork soup with cabbage juice
Recipe - Chicken soup with tomatoes and noodles by Rocsy in the kitchen
Recipe - Greek zucchini meatball soup by My dear recipes
Here is a recipe for chicken breast meatball soup. Tasty and easy to prepare.
Ingredients Meatball soup
Preparation Meatball soup
Cut the vegetables into cubes or grate them, chop the onion finely, then put it to boil in a pot of about 5l (do not put water up so we can put the meatballs) and let it boil for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the chicken breast, mix with the washed and drained rice and the egg, form meatballs, about the size of a walnut (palm soaked in cold water when forming the meatballs) and let them boil in boiling water. After they have boiled (about 30 minutes) put the borscht (you can put more or less, depending on how sour it is) and let it boil for another 2-3 minutes. After turning off the heat, add chopped parsley and salt. For the taste, straighten the pot with sour cream. The soup is boiled over low heat because otherwise the meatballs will crumble.
Homemade cake, to be served with mushroom soup
To fully enjoy the mushroom soup, serve it with hot, freshly made homemade cakes. Don't be discouraged, thinking they are hard to prepare & # 8211 try the simple recipe below and you will get the tastiest cakes for your favorite soup.
Ingredients for 8 servings:
• 2 teaspoons of dry yeast
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
Method of preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl, mix the warm water with the sugar and yeast, then add 1/2 cup of flour and let the mixture stand for 15 minutes, until it foams to the surface. Then add the oil, salt, and 2 more cups of flour, then mix with a wooden spatula.
3. Cover the work table with flour and take out the dough on it to knead it. After 7-8 minutes of kneading, if you feel that it is still too sticky, you can top it up with the remaining flour. The shell must be soft and moist. After kneading, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 10 minutes in a warm place.
4. Then knead the dough again and divide it into 8 equal balls, which you will cover with a kitchen towel and leave to rise for another 10 minutes.
5. Then use the rolling pin to roll out the 8 balls of dough. Give them a round, cake shape.
6. Spread the cakes in two trays covered with baking paper, which you will bake for 5-10 minutes. Then take them out and serve them with hot mushroom soup.
PS: Here you find the repeat of vegan belly soup with pleurotus mushrooms & # 8211 worth a try!