If pumpkin jam is made, why not make it from beets? Said and done.
- 1Kg.red beet
- 1Kg. sugar
- 1 lemon
- 750 ml.water
Preparation time: over 120 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Beetroot jam:
In a 4 liter book make a syrup of water and sugar. The syrup should be slightly bound.
While the syrup is boiling, peel the beets, wash them and cut them into cubes.
When the syrup is bound, put the diced beets and boil until you take the syrup with a teaspoon and put a bean on the plate.
At the end, put the chopped or grated lemon peel and the lemon juice.
Allow to cool and place in jars.
I think it would be good with cinnamon instead of lemon peel.
I had a little syrup left and I put it in a jar to color the whipped cream or various creams.
Beetroot recipes - What other juice combinations can we make?
The sky is the limit, but we need a little attention when trying new combinations. We propose for the cold season three combinations that will keep you away from colds and flu. Apple, carrot, beet juice, apple and pear beet juice and beet and citrus juice.
For the warm season we come up with a recipe for pineapple and beet juice.
It's a unique combination, but it's worth a try. The taste will be extremely good and the unique combination of flavors will be exceptional. The aroma of pineapple comes in addition to the sweetness of beets will result in a juice of a special flavor, which will give you energy and vitality throughout the day.
Beetroot jam – Canned and pickled recipes
Ever since I saw this beetroot jam recipe, I thought I had to try it too.
I really like red beets, I eat them baked in the oven, but I made it too preserves for winter.
Another recipe I like is beetroot with horseradish which goes very well with lamb steak.
In variant beetroot jam goes perfectly with appetizers, snacks in combination with cheese.
1 kg of red beets
3 large apples
350 g brown sugar
peel and juice from a large lemon
juice from two oranges
a teaspoon of grated ginger
Preparation - Beetroot jam
Peeled beets and apples are grated through a large grater.
Put in a saucepan with brown sugar, lemon juice and peel, orange juice and ginger.
Boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
I boiled it for about an hour, it's ready when it gets the consistency of a jam / jam.
While it is hot, put it in sterilized jars and store it in the pantry or refrigerator.
It can be served with a cream cheese on a slice of bread with seeds or as you like.
Potato cream and beetroot soup
Wondering what a potato cream and beet soup will be like? I tell you, it is delicious, fine and velvety, with a taste that warms your soul. In addition, it fits perfectly on a rainy and cool day, like today. I used to often make a cream of potato soup, let's say, the basis of the one whose recipe I offer you today. One day I came up with the idea to meet several roots in this soup, and because every girl has a craving for a little pink in her life, I thought of putting beetroot. Wonderful choice, beets brought in sweet combination, I put some more spices from me, for a bolder flavor, and that's how one of my family's favorite soups was born.
Preparation time: 00:10 hours
Cooking time: 00:25 hours
Total Time: 00:35 hours
Number of servings: 6 servings
Degree of difficulty: Easy
- 300 grams of pre-cooked or precooked beets
- 3 medium-sized potatoes (300-400 grams)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1.5 liters of skim chicken soup (if you do not have, put water)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 grams of finely sliced bacon
- 150 grams of liquid cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- green onions or civettes for garnish
1. Peel a squash, grate it and wash it. Peeled onions, garlic and pre-cooked beets. Finely chop the onion, crush the garlic, cut the potatoes and beets into large cubes.
2. In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat and brown the fine slices of bacon until golden, then remove to a plate covered with paper towels.
3. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, chopped onion and garlic to the pan, along with a pinch of salt, so that the onion does not sweat and does not burn.
4. Once the onion has softened, add the diced potatoes and 1/2 of the pre-cooked beets.
5. Add hot soup (or water), bay leaf, ground coriander and cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Boil everything until the potatoes are well softened, then remove from the heat, add the diced beets and 100 grams of sour cream. It is passed well with the blender, possibly passed through a sieve, for a fine texture. The taste of salt and pepper matches.
Serve hot cream soup, garnished with remaining sour cream and sprinkled with chopped crispy bacon and chopped green onions or civettes.
1. Wash the beets, cut off the ends if necessary (the rest of the leaves and the root) and boil it in water with vinegar. We don't peel it to keep it red. After boiling, allow to cool and peel very easily.
2. Boil the eggs properly so that they are neither too hard nor excessively crumbly nor too soft.
3. In a bowl put 3-4 tablespoons of mustard, squeeze a lemon juice, a tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt and a pinch of freshly ground pepper. If you want a sour dressing you can add more lemon or if you prefer, vinegar. it beat well the dressing with a fork to homogenize and leave to stand for 10 minutes to harmonize the ingredients.
4. Cut the beetroot into slices or cubes and place in a bowl. Cut the eggs into quarters and place them over the beets. Put the dressing over and mix gently so that the eggs do not crumble too badly. You can choose the option in which to put the dressing over the beets, mix well so that the beets are covered with sauce and then garnish with egg quarters. At the end, chop the green onion and place on top.
Depending on how sour you want the salad, increase the amount of dressing. The dressing is rounded and finishes the taste of a salad. Otherwise, beets would be pretty bland. For the brave and visionary, I propose to try to add to the egg-beet combination, anchovy fish or small cut bacon and crispy fried.
Beetroot in a Jar
I picked the larger beet, but without any white threads through it, I washed it and put it in the pot, covered it with water and boiled it. When the fork enters the beet easily, it means that it is cooked. I let it cool.
In the meantime I cleaned the horseradish and put it on the grater (that was my husband's business, not mine). After the beets cooled, I peeled them and cut them into thin slices. I put in a 5 kg jar in alternating layers, horseradish and beet slices. While we were arranging the beets in the jar, the water boiled with the peppercorns and cumin seeds, tarragon leaves and vinegar. When the water boiled, I turned off the stove.
I let the solution cool a bit and seasoned with salt. I poured the vinegar + water solution over the beets (through a strainer), after which I put the lid on the jar.
RED VELVET & # 8211 CAKE WITH RED BEET AND CHEESE CREAM
The cake of Saint Mary must always be very special because the great celebration of the family - MOTHER, always deserves an exceptional anniversary with family and friends.
Thinking about her health and a wonderful bouquet of red roses, I was inspired quite quickly and decided to surprise her with a Red Velvet beetroot cake with cream cheese and roses made by me without much skill. .
It has a special taste and I recommend you not to hesitate to use red beets for this dessert, which has a special sweetness and naturally colors the moist and very consistent top that we have prepared.
- 150 gr. butter
- 100 gr. sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 300 gr. flour
- a pinch of salt
- 300 gr. Beet
- 200 ml. buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon red dye
- 200 gr. cheese cream
- 250 gr. mascarpone
- 400 ml whipped cream
- 80 gr. vanilla flavored powdered sugar
- 10 gr. gelatine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- lemon essence
- 50 gr. butter
For starters I will mix the soft butter very well then I add the sweetener and continue beating them until I get a fine and light foam.
I am going to break the eggs and put them one by one in the butter cream, stirring continuously until they are completely homogenous.
Prepare the dry ingredients and sift them separately in a bowl of flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
I sprinkle with lemon juice the beetroot mashed quite finely with the help of the food processor, I extinguish the baking soda with a drop of vinegar, and I add them in the composition of alternative butter with flour and whipped milk.
At the end I added the seeds from a vanilla pod and a teaspoon of dye to get a brighter red color somewhat attenuated by the cocoa powder initially added.
Divide the mixture into two stainless steel trays greased with butter and lined with baking paper, then bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 ° C.
I leave them to cool and prepare a tray with a detachable bottom that I cover with plastic wrap for the final assembly.
For the cream, remove the butter, cream cheese and a box of mascarpone from the cold in advance.
I mix them together with the powdered sugar, I add 200 ml. cold cream for whipped cream for a few seconds, and at the end I pour a little lemon essence, lemon juice and melted gelatin a little in the microwave after I hydrated it for five minutes in 2-3 tablespoons of cold water.
Over the first cake top that I placed in the tray, I put three quarters of the cream, I place the second top by pressing it lightly and I even out the surface on top with the difference of the remaining cream.
After an hour in the fridge, I add another layer of whipped cream (a little too much & # 8211 almost to be cut permanently) and let it cool again.
It took a while for the part I loved the most - shaping the roses from sugar paste, but the modest result was overrated by all the guests and fully complemented the delicate, fine and cool taste of my mother's cake that I always wish for. especially on this occasion to be with us always, to be healthy and to have in life many joys and peace of mind.
7 autumn recipes with beetroot
A Cinderella among vegetables, beetroot is set aside and avoided by many people because it seems difficult to cook. As intimidating as this reddish root is, you should know that it adds taste, flavor and color to many dishes. Try it in 7 delicious recipes.
Cooking a beetroot can be intimidating, especially since it takes a long time to bake or boil to become soft enough. Then, everyone knows that beetroot leaves indelible stains on clothes or even on dishes and choppers.
Don't be fooled by these aspects alone. Beetroot is an incredibly tasty vegetable if you know how to put it in the right combinations. And besides the beetroot salad with horseradish and vinegar, you can try it in other recipes, including one for cakes.
Pressing the button below represents your agreement to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the COMMENTING PLATFORM.
- 400 g chickpeas (canned)
- 2 tablespoons canned juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small pieces of boiled beets (vacuumed)
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of half a lemon
- For decoration
- a few chickpeas
- half a teaspoon of cumin
- olive oil
- parsley leaves
- boiled carrot rose (optional)