We start by preparing our cake tray, which we cover with baking paper; and turn the oven to 180 degrees to heat.
Separate the eggs, put the yolks in a smaller bowl and the whites in a higher one so you can beat them.
We break the chocolate into pieces as small as we can and put it in a bowl on the fire together with 50 ml of milk, stir continuously in it until it melts (but be careful not to boil it), add a pinch of salt (salt powder will intensify chocolate flavor). We turn off the heat when it is almost melted and mix in it until we have no whole pieces. Set aside to cool.
Over the yolks we put the powdered cardamom (I have berries and I ground it in a mortar, but you can buy a sachet of cardamom powder)
Beat the egg whites hard with a little salt and sugar. , Add the yolks mixed with cardamom, flour and oil as well as baking powder.
Homogenize and divide the composition into two equal parts. In one we put the chocolate that is already grated and we homogenize.
Now we can pour it into the tray: the first time we put the chocolate part because it is heavy, and on top we pour the yellow top.
Bake for 30 minutes, but do the test with the toothpick and when you remove the toothpick clean then it is ready.
Allow to cool and serve with coffee, milk, or tea.
Chocolate cake & # 8211 fasting recipe, no milk or eggs
The cake is a dessert that is very easy and quick to prepare and you only need a few ingredients. This recipe is wonderful, extremely fragrant and with an intense chocolate taste. It is an ideal dessert for any day but especially for the holiday meals.
Ingredients needed for the cake:
- 340 grams of flour, 30 grams of cocoa
- 50 ml oil, 1 vial of vanilla essence
- 150-200 g of sugar, a pinch of salt, 250-300 ml of cold mineral water
- Optionally you can add fruits (cherries, cherry compote) or nuts
- 1 baking powder (or a teaspoon of baking soda, quenched in a little vinegar)
Method of preparation:
In a bowl sift cocoa, flour and baking powder and mix with vanilla essence, sugar and salt. Add the oil and gradually the mineral water - mix with a whisk to mix.
The dough obtained is poured into a tray lined with baking paper or greased with oil - distribute the dough evenly and then put in the oven for 30-40 minutes at 180 degrees.
It can be garnished with powdered sugar or you can make a dark chocolate icing (without milk) - melt it with a little oil or a spoonful of margarine to make it more shiny. Pour over the cake and leave to cool before cutting.
Flavor in dishes
We really like cheesecakes. They are very easy to prepare and delicious. Now it's blackberry season and I invite you to try this recipe too.
-for the countertop:
125 g biscuits with cocoa
60 g butter
350 g blackberries + 2 tablespoons sugar
500 g mascarpone
200 ml liquid cream
100 g powdered sugar
15 g granulated gelatin
100 g milk chocolate
Method of preparation:
Grind the biscuits in a food processor / blender, add the melted butter and mix a little by hand until well incorporated.
Place a form with removable walls or an adjustable cake ring (diameter 18 cm) on a plate and pour the composition of biscuits, then compact with a straight-bottomed glass. Put the top in the fridge and in the meantime prepare the cream.
Heat the liquid cream (100 ml) to the boil, add the chopped chocolate and mix until a homogeneous cream is obtained. Allow to cool then place in the refrigerator.
Put the blackberries in a saucepan and add the sugar and put on the fire and boil for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool, pass with a fork and pass the composition through a sieve.
Mix the mascarpone with the ground sugar until a homogeneous cream is obtained. Add liquid cream (which can be mixed only halfway this time I did not mix it).
Hydrate the gelatin in 100 ml of cold water (leave it to hydrate for 10 minutes) and then melt it in a bain marie until it becomes liquid. Add over mascarpone cream and mix.
Divide the mascarpone cream into equal parts and transfer half to another bowl.
Add the chocolate cream (taken out of the fridge) over the mascarpone cream (from a bowl) and mix the composition.
For the blackberry cream, add 200ml of the blackberry sauce over the mascarpone cream from the 2nd bowl and mix until a homogeneous cream is obtained.
Remove the cookie sheet from the fridge and alternate one tablespoon of chocolate cream with one tablespoon of blackberry cream. You need to move quickly because the cream starts to harden (because it contains gelatin), until you finish the compositions.
On top either put a single layer of cream or let the 2 colors be seen. I preferred to leave a layer of blackberry cream, because the layers were not exactly the same (the layers of chocolate and blackberries were thicker, thinner).
Let cool for at least 1-2 hours.
Before unwinding the cake ring, carefully pass it around with a knife to peel off the edges.
For decoration, melt the chocolate with the butter on a steam bath, let it cool a bit and then pour it over the cheesecake.
Tart With Cardamom And White And Dark Chocolate
1. For the dough, beat the butter and sugar with a mixer until it turns pale. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, mixing well between additions. Sift the flour into a bowl and mix with the cocoa.
2. Add a little flour to the butter mixture, then a little water. Stir until incorporated. Continue with the rest of the flour and water until all the flour and water are mixed and a dough is formed. Wrap in foil and cool for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C. Spread the dough between two pieces of baking paper in a 28cm and 5mm thick circle. Peel off the top layer of baking paper, turn the dough over and place in a tart pan (paper on top). Press lightly. Do not remove the paper, fill it with beans or rice. Put in the oven for 15 minutes, then take out of the oven and remove the paper and beans / rice. Put back in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
4. For the filling, crush the cardamom pods and grind the seeds until they turn into a fine powder. Heat 125ml sour cream and cheese in a saucepan, until almost boiling. Remove from the heat, then add cardamom. Beat the two yolks in a bowl, then slowly pour over the hot cream while stirring constantly. Add the white chocolate and stir until it melts.
5. Beat the remaining cream until it forms soft tips, then incorporate it into the chocolate mixture. Pour over the dough, then leave in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool and leave for at least 2 hours before serving.