- Dish type
- Side dish
A lovely pasta sauce recipe I use. This serves 8 and takes about 50 minutes.
20 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 to 1.25 litres sauce
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsely
- 2 tablespoons powdered vegetable stock
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:55min
- Heat sunflower oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the onions and garlic. Let that cook until the onions are starting to brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and add remaining ingredients. Cook over a medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes. Take it off the heat and with a masher, mash it.
- When it is liquidy, return to medium heat, taste and adjust the seasoning to your taste. Cook over a low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Taste, and enjoy!
You can freeze the sauce in individual portions for quick use later. A good idea is freezing in plastic freezer bags.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Amazing pasta sauce dish. I made this along with some pasta and my gosh it was amazing. I really like this. It's better than any pasta recipe I have made. Will use this always; thanks aunty Em!-19 Apr 2014