It's super extra tasty, it's worth a try!
- 1 cauliflower (mine weighed 1 kg),
- 3 eggs,
- 200 gr flour,
- 1 mix bag for bread,
- oil for frying
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Cauliflower bread:
I unwrapped the cauliflower in bouquets and washed it.
I put it in a pot with boiling water and salt to boil for 5 minutes, then I took it out in a strainer.
I beat the 3 eggs well with a pinch of salt. I prepared 2 plates, one with flour and another with bread mix.
I gave each bunch of cauliflower through flour, egg and breadcrumbs and put it in hot oil to fry. I turned on each side to fry evenly.
I took out the breadcrumbs on the napkins to absorb the excess fat.
I served it with garlic sauce and sour cream and / or ketchup.
Start by breaking the cauliflower into bunches. Wash the bouquets and drain well. Boil in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes.
In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan cheese and olive oil.
In another bowl, beat the eggs, add the flour in the rain and mix well, then add salt and pepper to taste. Add these ingredients over the breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan and olive oil. Stir well.
Put the cauliflower bunches in this mixture, then fry them in hot oil. Turn the bunches on all sides until golden brown.
1. Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. Place a sheet of baking paper in an oven tray.
2. Peel the cauliflower leaves and break the florets. Wash well under running cold water. If they are too large, the cauliflower pieces are sliced so that they are the right size for a sip.
3. Boil the cauliflower in salted water for a maximum of 5-6 minutes. It is enough to soften a little. In this way, after being removed from the oven, it will have a crispy crust, and inside it will be soft and fluffy. Cauliflower is tested with a fork to see if it is ready. Remove to a strainer and allow to drain well. You can skip the cooking stage, but it will not have the desired texture.
3. Beat the eggs with a fork in a bowl. Then add the paprika, salt, freshly ground black pepper and half the amount of oregano. Mix well until the composition is homogeneous. It is important that all the flavors intertwine, so that the cauliflower preparation comes out fragrant.
4. In another bowl, add the breadcrumbs along with the remaining half tablespoon of oregano and salt and pepper if needed. Mix with a spoon so that the spice is evenly distributed through the breadcrumbs.
5. Pass each cauliflower floret through the egg mixture, making sure it is completely covered. Then pass through the breadcrumbs mixture and place on baking paper. Continue the process until the cauliflower florets are finished.
6. Leave in the oven for about 30-40 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden to brown. Serve with dressing ranch or your favorite healthy sauce. Cauliflower bread can be served both hot and cold. It is an excellent appetizer, quick to make, suitable for both adults and children.
If you liked this breaded cauliflower recipe, we recommend other delicious recipes:
How to scald cauliflower
Peel a squash, grate it and rinse it in cold water. Then boil about 3 liters of water with 2 teaspoons of salt in a large pot. When the water starts to boil, add the two halves of cauliflower and cover the pot with a lid. Let the cauliflower boil for 5 minutes, then take it out of the pot and drain it in a strainer, under a stream of cold water.
Then cut the cauliflower into small bunches and let them drain on a chopping board. Dab them with paper towels on all sides to remove excess water. At the end, season the cauliflower with salt on all sides.
How to bake cauliflower
As is the case with chicken schnitzel recipes, you will need to prepare 3 deep plates for flour, beaten eggs with salt and pepper and for breadcrumbs. You can also add granulated garlic, sweet paprika or finely grated Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs. We added them all because it gives a special taste to the cauliflower bread recipe.
Then pass each piece or bunch of cauliflower through the flour, then through the beaten eggs, and finally through the breadcrumbs. Then shake the cauliflower pieces to remove excess breadcrumbs and set them aside on the shredder until the oil heats up.
How to fry cauliflower
Opt for a deep frying pan and heat the oil. If it is not hot enough, then the cauliflower pane will be very soaked in oil. Fry the cauliflower bunches over low heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side. This way they will brown and look very beautiful! After frying, remove the breadcrumbs in a tray lined with absorbent paper towels to remove excess oil.
1. Unwrap the cauliflower in bunches and boil it for a few minutes in salted water. Drain carefully so as not to break it, and put it in a bowl.
2. Separately, mix the flour with a pinch of turmeric (or turmeric), a pinch of salt and pour very cold water. To keep it cool, add a few ice cubes to the dough.
3. Pass the cauliflower bunches through the tempura mixture and put them in the hot oil. Fry them quickly and take them out on an absorbent napkin. Serve the cauliflower breaded immediately with cooked vegetable salad.
Suggestion If you want to surprise your family, replace the breaded cauliflower with well-drained pickles and serve them with a garnish of french fries or peas!
For the dough:
200 g flour
200 g very cold water
Cauliflower bread better than meat & # 8211 an amazing recipe, brought from Bulgaria!
We present you a particularly delicious breaded cauliflower recipe. Get a less common, flavorful and crunchy appetizer that will not leave anyone indifferent. It is perfect for both a family meal and a festive evening. Guests will surely appreciate this delight at the highest level. Even those who do not prefer cauliflower will enjoy it to the fullest.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Prepare all the necessary ingredients. Choose a fresh cauliflower with a pleasant appearance and a uniform color (without stains).
2. In a bowl, beat the egg with the flour and beer. Match with salt and ground black pepper. Thanks to the beer, the cauliflower will be reddish and crunchy.
3. Divide the cauliflower into bunches. Larger bunches will be juicier.
4. In a saucepan, boil the water with a little salt. When the water starts to boil, add the cauliflower to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes. Do not boil the cauliflower for too long, otherwise it will turn into a puree.
5. Pour the cauliflower into a colander. Allow to drain well and cool. Pour the oil into a pan (its level should be 1 cm). Pass the cauliflower through the breadcrumbs, then fry it in a pan with hot oil.
6. Fry the cauliflower on both sides until golden brown.
7. Arrange the cauliflower bunches on a kitchen towel so that it absorbs the excess oil.
Cauliflower bread - tastier than skewers and roasts!
What could be tastier than skewers and roasts? In fact, cauliflower prepared according to this recipe is incredibly tasty and is an excellent alternative to any meat dish. It is easy to prepare and leaves no one indifferent!
-a spoon of vodka or brandy (optional).
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1.Wash the cauliflower and divide it into bunches.
2.Put the cauliflower bunches in boiling water, slightly salted. Boil them for 3 minutes from the moment of boiling.
3.Then transfer them to a bowl and let them cool.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the panada: mix the flour with the water with a fork or a whisk until you get a homogeneous dough, with a slightly thicker consistency than the dough for the pancakes. It must not leak from the cauliflower.
5. If you want to get a crispy breadcrumbs, you can add a tablespoon of vodka or brandy in its composition.
6. Add salt and spices (we used the pepper mixture). Mix very well.
7. Dip each bunch of cauliflower in the pan. Let it drain a little, then place the bouquet on the pan with hot oil.
8. Fry the cauliflower bunches on both sides until golden brown (2 minutes on each side).
Cauliflower bread is simple but delicious! It will conquer even those who do not love cauliflower!
Cauliflower bread recipe simple and tasty cauliflower slices
Cauliflower bread recipe simple and tasty cauliflower slices. How to make cauliflower bread? How much does cauliflower boil? How to cook cauliflower on steam? Cauliflower snails with red and golden crust.
How to fry cauliflower bread? Which sauce is suitable for cauliflower bread?
This breaded cauliflower can be a main course or a hot snack. I must admit that it is very tasty and cold, at room temperature. I also told you that I like bread dishes, be they meat, cheese or vegetables. The red and crunchy crust is only obtained if we use breadcrumbs see here how to make homemade breadcrumbs. You can also use panko breadcrumbs with larger grain & # 8211 see here.
So something rolled only in flour and egg or in pancake-like dough is NOT called bread. I do too chicken liver in pancake batter but I can't call them bread. In addition, breadcrumbs are the ones that create a barrier that does not allow soaking food with oil from the pan. Even the word & # 8222bread & # 8221 has Latin origins and means & # 8222bread & # 8221.
We have already published many bread recipes: Viennese slices, chicken breast slices, nuggets, breaded coquelet, Cordon Bleu, breaded pumpkin, breaded mushrooms, breaded eggplant, potatoes or breaded onions, croquettes, etc. You can find them all here.
For successful cauliflower slices, there are several aspects to consider:
- scalding the cauliflower in salted water so that it is only half done & # 8211 otherwise it crumbles. It is best to steam it & # 8211 if you have a special sieve or basket.
- drain the cauliflower, slice and dab it with absorbent wipes & # 8211
- rolling the pieces (slices) of cauliflower through flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Snitel means slice (German lb.) and can refer to both meat and vegetables.
- frying the breadcrumbs in a hot oil bath (180 C) over medium heat
- removing pieces of fried cauliflower on absorbent napkins to get rid of excess oil on the crust
Nothing hard or out of the ordinary! A fast and cheap food treat!
My cauliflower wanted approx. 1 kg and I divided it in two. I used half a cauliflower for this recipe, the rest going to a cauliflower au gratin. I'll tell you why: I wanted to take out slices (not just the bouquets) of cauliflower and many small pieces remain. I wasn't going to throw them away! From the 500 g of result approx. 3-4 servings of breaded cauliflower or cauliflower slices.
- 500 g cauliflower
- 200 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 1-2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- a little granulated garlic (optional)
- a little sweet or hot paprika (optional)
- 300-400 ml oil for frying
Cauliflower. 10 ideas for Meatless Monday
Cauliflower is in the spotlight at this time, and anyone who doesn't pay much attention to it usually does it wrong. It is one of the healthiest vegetables and you can cook it in any way. If you are tired of breaded cauliflower and pickled cauliflower, you have below 10 ideas that take it out of anonymity. Click on pictures for recipes, #meatlessMonday style:
Cauliflower and lentil meatballs
from Recipes as to Mother
Tested and adored! I've tried vegetarian meatballs before, but I liked them the most, they are consistent, super tasty and I was sorry I didn't make more. Laura Laurențiu proposes vegan burgers with these meatballs, we ate them with garlic yogurt sauce.
Cauliflower soup with dill and larch
from Mint and rosemary
A recipe with a taste of home, this is how Andra de la Mentă and Rozmarin present it to us, and to tell you the truth, I really missed it when I read it. When I look at the photos I feel the sour taste and the scent of larch, I would need another mother to make the soup and call me to dinner.
Cauliflower top pizza
from the Edith & # 8217s Kitchen
I heart pizza, but not necessarily bread dough. The cauliflower top seems to me a much healthier choice and saves me from kneading. You can handle the toppings, sky is the limit.
Cauliflower cream soup with polenta chips and truffle salsa
de la Kiss the cook
I don't know what would be convincing enough in this recipe, the whole combination of ingredients sounds great. A simple cream of cauliflower soup would not have tempted me, this must be exceptional.
Cauliflower pate with turmeric
from Readings and Flavors
Lacking ideas for breakfast or snacks during the day? Try some creamy cauliflower pâté spreads, which is quick and easy. Turmeric is a nice touch.
Cauliflower curry with coconut milk
from the Vegetable Blog
Unique flavors and velvety texture from coconut milk. You can eat it like this or with some rice next to it. Fry the curry powder beforehand if you want a stronger flavor or, even better, use curry paste.
Risotto with parmesan and cauliflower
de la Gourmandelle
I have a risotto thing, you kind of noticed. And I put this one on the list of recipes to be tested, it is creamy and light. Fresh thyme gives it a special taste and may be good and tasty with brown rice.
Quinoa salad with cauliflower, mushrooms and feta
from Just love cooking
Strong tastes, various textures and a lot of nutrients, what more could you want from an autumn salad? You can eat it cold or hot.
Cauliflower with honey and baked sage
of the Story Aromas
I like recipes that conquer you with simple and few ingredients, but well chosen. Salvia is the key to this recipe, it gives cauliflower a fresh, slightly spicy, slightly mentholated taste.
Cauliflower with blueberries and cashews
What can you do with just 2-3 ingredients in 10 minutes? You totally turn a fairy cauliflower into something super delicious, totally drooling material as Adela says.
I hope that my list of recipes will make you reconcile better with cauliflower, I will definitely eat more often. Happy Meatless Monday!
Recipe: Cauliflower bread
- a cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- flour (about 5, 6 tablespoons)
Unwrap the cauliflower bunches, then wash well. Boil water with salt and, optionally, vegeta in a pot.
When it boils, you can put the cauliflower. Let it boil for about 15 minutes, until it softens.
In a bowl, beat the eggs, then add salt and pepper, then pour the flour, little by little, until it is like a soft dough (slightly thicker than pancakes).
The cauliflower is removed and the water is allowed to drain from it.
Take each piece, pass it through the floured egg, then fry it in a pan with hot oil.